Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to add bends to a flat CAD design?

jesse_nicolajesse_nicola Member Posts: 2

I'm currently designing something pretty simple, chassis mounts for a splitter on a 7th Gen Honda Accord. Nobody in their right mind would normally do this, but eh it's for a lemons race car so we're not in our right mind.

I designed the following above. Simple enough and I know how to bend it. I do want to share this design (presuming it works) for others to possibly just order from an online service pre cut and bent.

The problem I am having is I can't for the life of me figure out how to get from a simple flat sketch and extrusion to get a bend. You can see in the second image where the yellow line is highlighted exactly where I want to bend this at a simple 90 degrees.

Would love some help figuring this out as being able to bend stuff would really open up some new design elements for me!

YES, I searched for this and most of the questions were a lot more involved and not as simple and straight forward as the needs here. It's ONLY a 2d piece, and all it needs is a very simple straight forward 90 degree bend.

Answers