Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How make dimension text left or right justified instead of center justified for leader line dims?

skottmorrisskottmorris Member Posts: 2
i would like to have the prefix or suffix text for a dimension aligned (justified) either left or right depending on the location of the elbow using ANSI drawing standard. onshape always makes the additional text center justified the same way swx does, but i cannot find a formatting tool that will allow me to change this. the only work-around i have found is to create a note instead of a dimension, but this will not update if the model geometry updates. is there some other trick to changing the text alignment for a leader line dimension? 

Comments

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 524
    @skottmorris We have not yet implemented explicit justification controls in dimensions and some annotations.  It's on our list of things to get to.