Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Rounding corners..lossless

stephen_motewstephen_motew Member Posts: 4
Hi. I have created a sketch to specific measurements that include a distance to the apex of a rounded corner.  When rounding the corner (either in sketch or extruded fillet) there is loss of the measurement from the initial rectangular dimensions and I was wondering how to create the correct distance to the apex of the rounded corner.  Example: Create a rectangle 20mm x 30mm, which matches the final dimension I need, then rounding the corner I 'lose' that distance and want the apex of the corner to match to original 20mmx30mm dimensions.  Hope this makes sense.

Comments

• Options
    glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what the problem is. hw are you drawing the rectangle and dimensioning it?
    This sample uses a centered rectangle with dimensions on the fly with a fillet at the corners.
    Unless you are dimensioning the rectangle by selecting the sides after.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f74bee447f89826d0f600190/w/76703c3d6a458ef733252579/e/889ec5dbda3b7cd4c912a3e9
  • Options
    stephen_motewstephen_motew Member Posts: 4
    Thank you I should have been more clear. I need specific dimensions from the apex of the smoothed (filleted) corners as my actual object is a trapezoid.  I need the cross corner distance which from the initial sketch is 20 mm, I need the roudned corner apex to apex distance to also be 20mm.  When fillet is created it shortens this distance.  Hope that helps make some sense.
  • Options
    glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    @stephen_motew
    Can you make your document public and share a link. Easier sometimes to see what's going on.