Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mirror and continue to mirror new features

justus_cookjustus_cook Member Posts: 5 EDU
edited January 25 in Community Support
I am working on a design and was wondering if there’s a way to mirror as I work.  That I mean is say I mirror a simple extruded region and now want to extrude a new sketched region from anew sketch.  Right now I am dragging my new sketch and new extrude above the mirror operation.  Is there a way to “pin” the mirror operation or keep it below my changes so I don’t have to manually move the new elements above the mirror.

Thanks for any suggestions 

Best Answer

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,375 PRO
    edited January 25 Answer ✓
    Move your rollback bar above the mirror. New features will then be inserted there. You could keep a second window open with the rollback bar at the end, after the mirror. 

If you just want to edit features before the mirror and see the result, you can just use the Final button (with the rollback bar at the end).

Answers

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,375 PRO
    edited January 25 Answer ✓
    Move your rollback bar above the mirror. New features will then be inserted there. You could keep a second window open with the rollback bar at the end, after the mirror. 

If you just want to edit features before the mirror and see the result, you can just use the Final button (with the rollback bar at the end).
  • Options
    Ok, I have seen the roll back bar but didn’t understand it. I will look at how to use it.  I knew I just didn’t know what I didn’t know.  🙃 Thanks!
  • Options
    @S1mon that was way easier to use than I thought, thanks very much for your help.