Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Editing in Context: Sketches fade away

martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
edited January 27 in Using Onshape
I currently do some editing/creating in context. The workflow for this design involves creating a few sketches at certain places within the assembly, defining how my new part is to be fixed to the existing parts. As it goes with sketches created in context, as long as they are only sketches without a part already created, they all get inserted into the assembly individually. I'm pretty much okay with that, it keeps them manageable. Now after a while, I have all the sketches needed for my new part, some of them having dependencies between each other or with parts in the assembly. I am ready to create my new part (It is kind of a housing/case with mounting flanges).
Here comes the problem: As soon as I create a new part studio in context or edit an existing one, everything within the assembly gets displayed with transparency. That's okay for parts, though all the sketches I have in the assembly, get so much transparent now, they get pretty much invisible, and I can't pick any of their entities to be used for my new part.
Is there a way to make the sketches less transparent during in-context editing so they get displayed in a useable manner?

Edit: It appears I need to put the transparency silder to the very far right, for sketches react later than parts, plus there shouldn't be many overlapping sketches and planes, as that reduces contrast.