Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

StickMan

eldon_browneldon_brown Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

​For several of my Onshape projects I had a need for a "Human" model for viewing size comparison.  There are several Human models available online, but I was wanting something less detailed and easy to insert (Derived) into my projects.

I​ created a "StickMan_01" Part Studio for my purposes, to be flexible in height and to meet several needs, a variable is available to set StickMan's Height.

And, just for fun (and because I am heavier than most), I include a BMI (Body Mass Index) variable that changes StickMans shape. Therefore small kids and to a large person can be modeled.

Note: I am not a Doctor, and therefore I may have some of my StickMan's proportions and BMI calculations incorrect. Maybe someone with more knowledge could help. I think a normal BMI is 18 to 24, therefore my calculation for a BMI Factor is based on a standard 22.

Maybe you will also find this useful, I know it is fun and useful in my projects.

Link:

--Eldonb