Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Harnessing AI in CAD: The Future with Onshape

emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 1 in General
In the realm of CAD, the integration of Artificial Intelligence is not just an innovation; it's a revolution in the making.

A case in point is a thought-provoking video from SolidWorks, released seven months ago yet viewed only 75 times. This video discusses the first steps SolidWorks is taking to implement AI-driven tools in the design process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4L9fco-JTk

As a partner of Onshape, we at C2i believe that Onshape's unique architecture positions it at the forefront of this transformative journey. Onshape's cloud-based platform is ideally suited to leverage the power of AI, providing a fertile ground for innovation and advancement. It's high time that functionalities allowing the implementation of AI systems in Onshape are introduced, tapping into the immense possibilities of smarter, more intuitive design processes.

Take, for example, Odoo, a management application we also partner with, which has already incorporated AI tools to streamline and enhance business operations. This integration exemplifies the tangible benefits and efficiency AI brings to software solutions, marking a path that CAD tools like Onshape are destined to follow.

https://youtu.be/qxb74CMR748?si=2eX74xTXiyOoELLt&t=28

We stand at the brink of a new era where AI will become an integral part of our design toolkit, offering unprecedented capabilities and insights. The future of design is not just about creating; it's about innovating, predicting, and solving in ways we never thought possible. Onshape, with its advanced platform and commitment to innovation, is poised to lead this charge.

As we stand on the precipice of this new era, we turn our attention to the leaders at Onshape. We're eager to know: What steps are being taken to harness this wave of AI and integrate AI tools into the Onshape workflow? With Onshape's unparalleled position and architecture, the integration of AI is not just a leap forward—it's a leap into a future of radical, long-term transformation. We look forward to seeing how Onshape will shape this promising horizon.
Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                     Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común

Comments

• Options
    martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Well, while I belive AI will certainly (have to) make it's way into CAD, the selection filter sample presented in the video is not something requiring AI at all, and other CAD systems do in fact have such advanced selection filters for at least a decade (3 clicks: Select one entity, open context menu selection filter, choose similarity rule(s), done.). If that's all SW has by now, they've not come far. The interesting part begins when we will be able to use AI to define complex design intent and protect it while work contiues.
    Though catching up with state of the art selection filters is still important, I hope that Onshape plans using real AI for more than that, and make a real leap forward.
  • Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
     If that's all SW has by now, they've not come far. 
    I completely agree

I hope that Onshape plans using real AI for more than that, and make a real leap forward.
    That's exactly why I created this post in the forum
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común