Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Decals coming in backwards in Render Studi

dave_franchinodave_franchino Member Posts: 38
Hey folks, I'm trying to learn render studio and it's been a bit of a slog.  My latest issue surrounds applying "stickers"

A) It appears as if "decals" applied in a part studio do not translate into render studio and need to be re-applied. Is this correct?
B) Whenever I am applying a sticker it is coming in "flipped" or backwards.  I don't see a way to correct this?

Desired:

Result:

C) My stickers are not centered the way I want them to be but entering numbers into "offset" don't appear to do anything 

Any hints?

Thanks!

Dave

Comments

• Options
    Cary_BettenhausenCary_Bettenhausen Member Posts: 38 PRO
    edited February 2
    I'm seeing the same behavior when applying deals to surfaces. They are flipped with no way to reverse them. I filed a support ticket the day Decals were released.
  • Options
    Paul_ArdenPaul_Arden Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 164
    @dave_franchino You are correct, currently decals are not taken over from Part Studios into Render Studios. For the issue of the flipped sticker, one trick (which I admit is not so intuitive) is to use a negative tiling factor (below the Offset option you circled). So in your case you'd want to change the tiling from 1,1 to -1,1 to flip it horizontally (to flip vertically if needed you would use 1,-1).