Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

"Chamfer Produces Self-Intersecting Surface"

cory_turton191cory_turton191 Member Posts: 10
I can't seem to fix this issue no matter how I reshape or re-do it. Chamfer 1 Project:

Answers

• Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/23063/im-having-trouble-figuring-out-why-i-cant-make-this-chamfer#latest

Same question same answer, your document is view only so we are not able to help you
  • Options
    Won't let me change the permissions. I went into share and it's locked on view only for anyone with link and when I try to share it with you personally, the option to select your profile doesn't come up when I press you name.
  • Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    Do you have a free account? Check how to share a document with the forum.
    And for any question allways check the help files , it,s under the ? button at the right top of the screen.

• Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Yes, I have a free EDU account. The Forum Has not helped. was hoping you could give me your onshape username/email (your choice) so I could use the individual share. Hoping It works.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,428
    Go to share button, then public.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    that only allows you to view it. not edit it.
  • Options
    that only allows you to view it. not edit it.
    It allows you to copy it, then edit it, then spend time fixing it, then posting an answer back for you.
  • Options
    i did it
  • Options
    There are just some geometries that certain tools like chamfer and fillet just cannot do. In this case, chamfer is not the right tool for the job. I hope this isn't your first model - if it is then you've taken on too big a task. Automotive designs should be done entirely with curves and surfaces in order to get the surface continuity required.