Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I extrude along a construction line?

ryan_ameyryan_amey Member Posts: 4
I feel this could be silly and achieved easily, but nonetheless I must ask as I have hit a roadblock and cannot pass. I am modeling a set of grips for my uncle's Kimber Micro 380. The part sits at an angle if place properly. The left, right, and bottom all are 2mm thick around the edge. Along the vertical construction line there is a gradual curve that peaks at 6.15mm thick. At first I had the bottom face line up with the front plane. Every time I would extrude remove the direction would be perpendicular to the front plane and would not follow the part. Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Comments