Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Flat surface on extruded ring on an angle

shawn_mcarthurshawn_mcarthur Member Posts: 1
I'm trying to get a flat surface on the top of this extruded ring. I try using sweep, but the profile will not remain orthogonal to the bottom plane. When i click 'keep profile constant' the sweep function is unable to execute.  

I'm am a newbie with 3d design, gave up trying to solve this myself - any help is appreciated.

Tagged:

Answers

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Should it be just extrude cut (choose remove instead of add/new in dialog) or extrude new part and use boolean to remove that part volume from ring shape?
    //rami
  • peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    You should be able to sketch on the surface of the angled area. If you want to keep the profile to the outside diameter of your existing model you might need the use command to create the ring of existing model into your sketch and then keep your new circle/rectangle constrained to this circle created by the use command.