Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.


How do I create a "reverse fillet"?

philip_longphilip_long Member Posts: 4
I am looking to model a pre-existing part. It has a gentle "reverse fillet". It's a gentle rising curve reaching to the back of the piece. I'm pretty new to CAD and Onshape, so I'm not even sure of the correct terminology. I am attaching a picture of the part and a screenshot of what I have so far. Thank you for the help! Here's the link as well


  • Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 253 PRO
    I think just a big extruded remove would work.

  • Options
    philip_longphilip_long Member Posts: 4
    I think that might work! Thank you.
  • Options
    matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 477 PRO
    @philip_long, in engineering parlance the "reverse fillet" that you describe is typically called a rib, or perphaps a gusset in some applications.  And you're in luck.  Onshape has a rib tool, purpose made for your task.  Refer to Part Studio 2 for an example.

Sign In or Register to comment.