Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape in german language?

manfred_foelkmanfred_foelk Member Posts: 4
HI!

Is a german version of onshape in planning for the future?
Its a great program, but for the german speaking users it will be perfect in german.

Greetings

Fred

Comments

• john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Hi Fred. Providing localized (translated) versions of Onshape is very high on our priority list. As always, we don't discuss timetables for upcoming improvements, but we do realize how important localizations are. 

Mit besten Grüßen
    -John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • manfred_foelkmanfred_foelk Member Posts: 4
    Thats fine! Take the time you need to hold the good quality of this product!
    Many Thanks!

Fred!
  • werner_walczak_weißguthwerner_walczak_weißguth Member Posts: 2
    Hi John, half a year passed by, what about high priority list? Any news about localizations?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Werner
  • john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Hi Werner. We released support for Traditional Chinese this week. We have been working hard on being able to support non-English languages for many months now. Supporting the first translation is the most work. I would think that other translations (including German) should follow quickly.

Thanks
    -John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • werner_walczak_weißguthwerner_walczak_weißguth Member Posts: 2
    thanks for your sudden statement.
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi John

Maybe you can open the translation so users can do most of the work. 
    We will be glad to help in the spanish translation
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • raviravi Onshape Employees Posts: 34
    Eduardo,
    We are thinking about this on our end. We need to make few changes to our infrastructure to make this possible. I will be happy to discuss this outside this forum. Can I reach out to you about this topic?

Ravi
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ravi

I just send you a private message with my email
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • emerson_botteroemerson_bottero Member, Developers Posts: 37 ✭✭
    I would like to volunteer to make a Portuguese translation :#