Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Need Help with Creating a Full Loft for a Tray Design

maximilian_küstermaximilian_küster Member Posts: 12

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on designing a tray in Onshape and have encountered a challenge I'm hoping to get some advice on.

Here's the issue:

• My design involves creating a loft that passes through four sketch faces to form the tray. However, I'm unable to select one of the sketch faces twice for the loft operation. This limitation is resulting in a tray that is only three-quarters complete, rather than forming a full shape.

I've tried a few different approaches but haven't found a successful solution yet. I'm confident that there's a workaround or a technique that I might be missing.

Any suggestions or guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Max

Comments

• Options
    glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Can you make your document public and share the link?
    Loft as you have shown will not make a closed feature. More likely this can be done as a sweep.