Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Centering irregular object imported from DXF

I've only been using OnShape for a few hours, so I'm very much an absolute beginner.

I know how to center simple objects with the point tool and the "Coincident" relation. I'm trying to create a stamp and am looking to center the motif to the base of the stamp. It's a tree logo I've converted to .dxf from a vector. It has a lot of edges and points but also has a circle around it, which is the only regular part.
I've recreated the circle in OnShape since it wasn't made out of one consistent line (probably because of the vector converting) so I could create a center point. That worked, but when I select the center point of the circle and the center point of the base of the stamp and use the "Coincident" relation, only the outer circle moves with it.

What do I have to select and do to move the whole sketch to the center of the base?

Best Answer

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 381 PRO
    Answer ✓
    In Sketch mode, select the sketch entities you would like to move and then use the 'Transform' tool to move those entities.
    You can reposition the manipulator by dragging the circle part of the manipulator itself. (The manipulator will snap to other entities)

Answers

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 381 PRO
    Answer ✓
    In Sketch mode, select the sketch entities you would like to move and then use the 'Transform' tool to move those entities.
    You can reposition the manipulator by dragging the circle part of the manipulator itself. (The manipulator will snap to other entities)

• Options
    noah_honeggernoah_honegger Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!  :)