Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Convert text to shapes / lines?

joseph_newcomerjoseph_newcomer Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
There is already an answer to this specific question, but it does not solve my problem.  What I want to do is take a shape, tie it to the curve, and then sweep it around the edge of the letter.  I keep getting errors about non-manifold curves, or the fact that the solid that would be created does not intersect the letter.  I have tried several approaches to this problem without success.

In the document tab "PGSM Stamp, I'm trying to make a stamp to "sign" wet ceramic art for a pair of friends, PG and SM.  Look at the sketch labeled "G cut".  I want to coincident-contrain the center point of that triangle to the edge of the letter.

Answers

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    Hello Joseph. I look at nonmanifold geometry as the clashing of a solid that is being created; an 'I can't do that, there's already something there' reaction. 

Perhaps an easier and cleaner approach to the stamp elements would be to use an extrude with draft. In the document below I edited the sketch (renamed) G using the offset tool on the perimeter of 'G' to create a face to use to achieve the result I believe you are seeking, using that face in the G extrude. I created 3 variables (extrude_height, sketch_offset; and draft) to experiment with. See if the extrude approach is something that can work throughout the rest of the elements in your design.

P,S. For the coincident constraint you referred to, take a look at the Pierce constraint.

- Scotty

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d2d83bf0cd841a1a47ad9aa9/w/eac017d5455db0f5ef72df57/e/8ee27ef2326310ef12f45f77