Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Filleting in OS

mark_biasottimark_biasotti Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
Filleting needs some serious attention soon.  For machine design; Variable, Face to Face with hold line, chordal width, set back are not frequently used, but sometimes are essential to get work done.  Please consider these enhancements as a priority.  BTW, I don't see how conical made it ahead of variable for machine design?

thanks

Mark 

Comments

• kevin_quigleykevin_quigley Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Yes totally agree Mark.
  • caradoncaradon OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 300 PRO
    edited December 2014
    Thirded.
    Multiple radius setting in a single fillet feature would be nice too.
    I think most features need deepening. E.g. Draft with parting line is quite essential too...

Dries
  • fastwayjimfastwayjim Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 220 PRO
    Agreed on all accounts. Also, it would be really nice to have the cursor immediately go to the value box, so I can edit it before I start asking OS to render the preview of a 0.2 radius on a really small feature.

The workflow would go:

1. Click the fillet tool
    *The radius value box can be populated with the "0.2", but it should be pre-highlighted so it can be immediately over-written
    2. Type in the radius
    3. Select reference geometry
    4. Hit enter, or select the green check mark, or maybe a mouse shortcut (like MMB in ProE or RMB in SW)