Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Ship model - Loft function

aleš_stříteskýaleš_stříteský Member Posts: 4
Hi, I am very moderately advanced in 3D modeling and working on a hull forming. I have already made one but here I had a straight part of the stern of the ship, now I am working on a rounded shape and I have a problem using the Loft function. It doesn't want me to connect the stern of the boat with ribs 1 and 2. Is there any way to connect this?

Comments

• Options
    martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    You need more guide curves and can't probably do it all in one go. Check the 'connections' settings. For more advice, share the file, so people willing to help can have a look and replicate what is happening. In the learning section, there are some quite useful excercises on surface modeling, too.
  • Options
    aleš_stříteskýaleš_stříteský Member Posts: 4
    I would like to thank martin_kopplow for his advice and the corrected drawing he sent me. The drawing sent by him is perfect.