Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mate Connector made with Transform unable to be hidden in model

Nathan_KadriaNathan_Kadria Member Posts: 5
When working in a parts studio, I noticed that I'm not able to hide one of  mate connectors using "Y" like I usually do. This only happens with a mate connector that I created by using a transform feature with copy part enabled. I can still hide the mate connector by hiding the transform feature in the feature tree, but I cannot mouse over the mate connector in the model and press "Y" to hide it. Is this intended behavior?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,390 PRO
    Unfortunately yes.
  • Options
    stefan_nilssonstefan_nilsson Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    I have a related problem. I trying to create a number of extrusions of different lengths with a number of mate connectors placed 10mm from both ends. In order to make a compact structure i first extruded a 10m profile, added the connectors and then patterned both the profile and the connectors. I then extruded the profile to half the desired length and used the end plane to mirror both the remaining profile and all the connectors. This worked fine on the original but when trying to apply this to the patterned copies i wasn't able to select and mirror the patterned connectors