Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

SolidTranslate (New Onshape App!) SOLIDWORKS ↔️ Onshape

MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,718 PRO

Translate your feature tree from one CAD system to another with SolidTranslate.

Get it for FREE in the app store now!
https://appstore.onshape.com/apps/Data%20Management/7CGNDGLXQNCNTUFE3XV3ZJQCL55OK4AR3O2P5YI=/description

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,375 PRO
    This is really pretty amazing. I'm not aware of another situation where a CAD translation tool for parametric models was this complete. It makes sense given the commonalities - Parasolid kernel, D-cubed sketch solver, oh and the same founder - but it's still impressive.

I watched the webinar about this and didn't get to hear if these questions got answered:
    1. It's clear that only prismatic stuff is covered so far - is there a timeline for more advanced modeling features (e.g. surfacing, sheet metal)?
    2. Is there a list of exactly which feature types are unsupported?
    3. The demo only showed Solidworks -> Onshape. It seems here that the other way around is possible - is that true?
  • Options

@S1mon
    • There is not a set timeline for the other features, but we are eager to hear which ones users want most. 
    • Here is an up to date list of the current supported features.
    • It can go from Onshape to SOLIDWORKS too. Over the next few months we will be working on making this direction more robust. However, since SW doesn't have FeatureScript to fill in the gaps, this will not be as seamless as translating from SW to Onshape.

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    phares_blankphares_blank Member Posts: 14
    This is fantastic! I am excited about the SolidTranslate project and really impressed by the progress thus far. If they can get sheet metal translation to work somehow I would be over the moon.
  • Options

Good to hear! Noted.

• Options
    too_tall_tobytoo_tall_toby Member Posts: 8
    This is awesome @MichaelPascoe !  I've been using SolidTranslate a lot and having great success. Thanks for posting this!!  :)
  • Options

Awesome @too_tall_tobyB)

• Options
    edited March 12

SolidTranslate is temporarily unavailable until approved by the SOLIDWORKS’ Partner Program.

Please email or message us with any questions.