Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why is my extrude not working?

russell_gilletterussell_gillette Member Posts: 4
On my project in Onshape, I traced a Mustang Gt500 badge for my Dad. But, when I tried to extrude it, it did not work. Here's the link to my project, https://cad.onshape.com/documents/e254eb840338299bc95ebe99/w/858c59ae78eeaf2e57c05224/e/857e2b9ab303e524f79f1f77?renderMode=0&uiState=65ec1cd5e963876350652ac5. Someone please help me.

Answers

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,384 PRO
    You'll need to make the document public. It's not possible to make a copy to do any editing as it is now, nor can we see what selections you made for your extrude.

The sketch is way too complicated. Try breaking things down into chunks, and use fewer points. If something is intended to join in a T, you need to make sure that the endpoints are constrained to be coincident. There are a bunch of spots where it looks like the curves are intended to make a T, but from selecting the faces you can see that Onshape is not seeing distinct regions.

Here's one spot where I made a single click, but it looks like it's selecting two faces. That tells me that you don't have the endpoints constrained correctly.

Similarly this is one click, but the area around the eye is included.

There are some sketch faces which look like they should extrude, but it's not clear what your intent would be. Does this get turned into a 2.5D part with various depths for different details?
  • Options
    russell_gilletterussell_gillette Member Posts: 4
    its all going to be one extrude no various depths