Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

When trying to fuse the last surface on my surface model to make it solid, it won't add to it

håvard_lianghåvard_liang Member Posts: 4
After creating the surface i wanted, which spans in sort of quarter sphere shape, i wanted to fill it up, as i didn't really need it to be surfaces anymore, but as i add the last 'fill' it gives me an error. 'Cannot add surface to existing geometry'. I have tried a multitude of things and searched around for quite a while, and now i have almost given up trying to fix it alone. the whole model is complete, but it wont make this part solid. any help or explanation why this happens would be great.

here are some pics for more info.

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,389 PRO
    The outer edges of a fill need to be one closed shape. If you could make more than one closed shape with the edges, it will fail. You can add inner edges and/or points as guides (within certain limits).

One clue is to try to fill/new instead of fill/add. I bet it will still fail.