Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New Hole Feature Error, Potential Update Glitch

joe_dagherjoe_dagher Member Posts: 3 PRO
I'm getting this weird error when attempting to make tapped holes in the new hole feature interface. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Kevin_CowlesKevin_Cowles Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 17 PRO
    This is due to the latest update, yes, but is technically working as intended. Because you have a "Fastener fit" specified, its expecting a clearance hole in the first part, and a tapped hole in the second part (used to be the Clearance and Tapped, blind in last option). If you change Fastener fit to be "None", you'll resolve the error. 
  • Options
    joe_dagherjoe_dagher Member Posts: 3 PRO
    OK great thanks!
  • Options
    blefroy_exsblefroy_exs Member Posts: 10
    edited March 25
    I keep getting this as well, but I have 'None' selected in 'Fastener Fit'? Also, would it be possible to change the default 'Fastener Fit' setting to 'None' please, as I suspect for most people a tapped hole in a single body is the first use of the tool, and a 'blind-in-last' (as it was) is less frequently used.