Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Linear Pattern Problems

jackson_howard366jackson_howard366 Member Posts: 7
I'm doing "Intro to CAD 3.1-3.4" and I'm on step 5 of 3.3, which tells me to snap one brick onto a plate. It shows that I have to drag the bottom mate connectors, however I cannot see the mate connectors no matter what I do (yes, I pressed K several times and it hasn't worked). I go back to 3.1 step 12 microstep 12 and I come across this:

I go back to the part studio and I check the linear pattern I made. This is what I find: 
There's no "Apply per instance"! What's going on?! I've tried everything! Not even my teacher knows what to do!

Comments

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,524 PRO
    It's called "Reapply features" now, I guess the training needs to be updated to reflect that change!

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,384 PRO
    Did you start with a new document or copy an old document? It's possible that this started with such an old document that hasn't been updated that "apply per instance" wasn't an option then.
  • Options
    It's called "Reapply features" now, I guess the training needs to be updated to reflect that change!

I kinda figured, however even when I tick off the "reapply features" box it still doesn't show the mate connectors in the assembly.
  • Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,524 PRO

I kinda figured, however even when I tick off the "reapply features" box it still doesn't show the mate connectors in the assembly.
    Are all the MCs missing or do you have the seed one?
    If the seed one is also missing make sure the "owner" of the MC is set to the part (this is also a fairly new change that might not be mentioned)
  • Options

If the seed one is also missing make sure the "owner" of the MC is set to the part (this is also a fairly new change that might not be mentioned)
    I can't see any of the mate connectors when i import the part to the assembly. If you have discord friend me (username is jack_of_spades_08) and I can show you because I can't really put it int words.
  • Options
    S1mon said:
    Did you start with a new document or copy an old document? It's possible that this started with such an old document that hasn't been updated that "apply per instance" wasn't an option then.
    I had to copy the document because I couldn't edit it or do anything without copying it so idk
  • Options
    Well I guess this discussion is dead now :(
  • Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 482 PRO
    Have you submitted this issue to support? 
    Can you share a link? 
  • Options
    matt_poindexter041matt_poindexter041 Member Posts: 2
    Well I guess this discussion is dead now :(
    YO! if you havent figured it since posting I got the fix right that eric_pesty said:

sorry for the massive screen shot, my brains fried. but what Eric mentioned is right here in your initial Mate connector feature, youll want to click into the "select owner entity" box and then select either select the part in the graphic, or just from the parts tree. took me minute