Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Export as parts

joseph_newcomerjoseph_newcomer Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
edited March 23 in Product Feedback
I have a beautiful drawing.  It has 91 parts.  If I want to properly color these parts for my 5-filament printer, I have to export 91 files, one at a time, then import 91 files, one at a time, then color them.

Suggestion: multiple export

I should be able to select some parts, right click, and have an option of "multiple export".  The selected parts would export as <partname>.<whatever>.  All 91 files in essentially one mouse click.

Suggestion: Ability to rearrange parts

I should be able to rearrange the parts by dragging so that, for example, all the parts that comprise the right side are all together, so I can select all the parts from "window_start_right" to "window_end_right" as contiguous parts.  Note how the parts are intermingled based on some apparently random order, such as creation order, instead of a useful order.

FOLLOWUP:

Note in the above image, I have selected all the elements on the right hand side.  These will fit on my print bed.  Note that the parts selected appear to be highlighted in the list of parts.  So, after tediously exporting all the parts marked as selected, I imported them into PrusaSlicer, and got this result:

So, given the display of highlighted parts from the previous image, why were all the other parts included?  It appears they were highlighted in the parts list without being highlighted in the picture.