Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Implement Catia Style pan/rotate/zoom/translate

alex_tran780alex_tran780 Member Posts: 5
Hi All,

Moving from Catia to Onshape/Solidworks, one of the notable struggles is getting the mouse 3D manipulation.  It would be really good to implement Catia style mouse controls in Onshape.  It will really help to onboard users from different software platforms even faster.  Also Catia's mouse controls are great because it really allows for fine control of the orientation of the object on the screen with only one hand.

Yes, I could get a 3D mouse, but yet another piece of desk hardware that shouldn't be necessary.  I love the Onshape platform, it's superior in basically every other fashion to Catia.  Especially the version control!

Comments

• Options
    Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 208 EDU
    I think you can set up the mouse buttons for zoom etc in your profile.
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,383 PRO
    In your preferences, you have some choices, but there's no Catia style option. You can play with these, but otherwise the only other way (currently) is to add a 3D mouse. For me, I've had a Spacemouse for years and it's the difference between getting a repetitive strain injury or not. It's also nice because it's a good way to make multiple CAD programs spin as close to the same as possible.

• Options
    alex_tran780alex_tran780 Member Posts: 5
    Is there a mouse dragging way to rotate in 2D?  There are the on-screen buttons, but I want super fine mouse drag control.