Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Detecting and Fixing Non Manifold Mesh

elizabeth_wolfe828elizabeth_wolfe828 Member Posts: 9
Hi! I'm working on some custom wheels (specifically TPU rims) for my robot. I've never run into this issue when slicing in Cura before, but a friend says it's non-manifold mesh. I don't see any problem geometry after inspecting. I've tried removing each feature in Onshape one by one and re-slicing in an attempt to isolate the problem, but am still coming up with the same issue.

Comments

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 381 PRO
    It my be something to do with the Cura settings. I tried it in Simplify3D and Prusa slicer, both seemed to generate the gcode without any problems

• Options
    _anton_anton Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 278
    Agreed - Cura is slicing it fine for me. This feels like a slicer issue; it shouldn't look the way it does. A few factors to twiddle: mesh resolution and format on export, part rotation or translation, slicer settings (including support).

You could share your exported STL; maybe it really is a bad export.
  • Options
    _anton_anton Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 278
    Separately, I'd recommend making the wheel in a way that doesn't need support, i.e., such that it lays flat on the build plate. Else, one side will be very ugly b/c of the removed support.