Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Unhide Components

Kevin_GallichanKevin_Gallichan Member Posts: 5
I have some parts and assemblies within a larger assembly.
I want to unhide one of the assemblies. When I click the eye next to the assembly, nothing is shown. 
So to unhide the assembly,  I have to expand the assembly in the tree and also every sub-assembly and click each individual component to show it.
If the assembly is hidden, I can select show all but that shows everything so it's not what I want.

I'm looking for the "show all assembly" command that filters down and shows everything just within the assembly selected.

Is there such a command ?
Is there a better way to show the parts I need to seee ?

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,417
    Hello Kevin - there is only "show all instances" or expand everything and shift-select then show.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Kevin_GallichanKevin_Gallichan Member Posts: 5
    Really - no way to select an asembly and show all of that assembly.
    This is pretty basic functionality.
    How do we add improvement suggestions to the list ?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,417
    edited May 3
    As a paid customer, you should use the "Contact Support" option in the help menu inside Onshape.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI