Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Adding standards to Standard content library

ludokyeholudokyeho Member Posts: 2

Hey I've been using Standard Content which works amazingly well but there are a lot of standards missing. For instance right now I need to use metric acorn nuts (DIN1587) but it's not available. Is there a way to add it?

Comments

• Options
    Steven_TessSteven_Tess Member Posts: 4
    It is very easy to find an only CAD Model of that specific nut! Download the model and import it in Onshape, and then you can use it in your model.
  • Options
    rick_randallrick_randall Member Posts: 112 ✭✭
    If you have a one-off use kind of situation - do as Steven_Tess said to do. 
    If you will need that part multiple times in the future, I suggest you create your own custom library (simply a document you make) and populate it with any items you need. Name it logically so you can find it again and put all your custom stuff in there. I find I use my custom libraries more than standard content because of issues you have described above. 
    I do wish they would add a custom content tab to the standard content (or a separate tool button for custom content that worked like the insert command).
    Good luck.
  • Options
    ivan_boudjemaivan_boudjema Member Posts: 3
    Hello!

I have had the same issue, the Standard Content Library is not very dense and I would like to populate it with many more refs: rivets, bolts, screw. I usually import my parts one by one but I can’t apply the Standard Content functions like mating to a whole surface. 

Let’s say I have to add a bolt to a sheet with 20+ holes, the standard content insert function allows me to insert those 20 bolts in one click. If it’s not standard content I have to place a mate connector on each hole and place the bolt one by one. 

Or am I ignoring a function in OnShape that allows to do this ?

Thanks !

• Options
    ben_partouchben_partouch Member Posts: 101 PRO
    @ivan_boudjema Use the Replicate tool
  • Options
    rick_randallrick_randall Member Posts: 112 ✭✭
    Hello Ivan,  Ben is right about "Replicate" - just insert one part, then replicate all the others using that part (if they are the same configuration).
     My custom libraries contain aircraft related items (AM/MS hardware and AN hydraulic fittings) and I created my own content, because I just couldn't find it anywhere else. It took a while, but now I have it all, and use it quite a lot. My suggestion is to create your own custom library and populate with your own content - maybe someday Onshape will make a custom content command that works like the custom frame profile library, and we can put our content there. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    ivan_boudjemaivan_boudjema Member Posts: 3
    Thank you guys!