Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Keep a reference to a body across operations

david_brophydavid_brophy Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
I've been stuck on this for a day now. I'm creating a feature to assist making Domino joints in wood panels. The panels will initially be modelled as overlapping, and the feature will do boolean operations to remove the overlapping parts, and then create sketches on the parts that will show where the Domino router will be aligned. 

I've made a simplified example:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d78cfc3586569771c427b7b5/w/a0066e71907b395a806ce87f/e/65d7f39756ab1f9822d88274

If just two bodies are selected, the operation works... there's a boolean operation and a sketch is created on the boolean interface.

However, if more than 2 bodies are selected, after the first operation I get a "Parent Id ... used at two non-contiguous points in operation history" error. I've tried all manner of combinations of manually tracking the bodies, qCreatedBy, makeRobustQuery, startTracking, but can't seem to work this out. 
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers