Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Update all references to latest versions excludes derive features and variable studios...

david_brophydavid_brophy Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
I have a "global" document, which contains a master layout and global variables. I have a multitude of "assembly" documents which use the onshape derive feature to import sketches and shapes from the global document, and also import the global variables. I also have a "main" document which brings together all the assembly documents into a final layout.

Often I will make a change to the global document that affects many of the assembly documents. When I then load the main document, I use "update all references to latest versions", however it doesn't work as expected. Derive features and variable studios in the assembly documents aren't updated.

What I have to do is go through each of the assembly documents, and manually update the linked document for all derive features and variable studios. 

Currently I have about 10 assembly documents, so the task is a nuisance... But when this project is complete I'll have in the order of 100 assembly documents. Obviously this isn't ideal.

Is this by design? Or a bug? Perhaps I'm missing a way to include variable studios and derive features in the automatic update? Or perhaps a global update to bring all documents to the latest versions of everything...