Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Could use some help making a lid for my project box

StillMakerStillMaker Member Posts: 22 EDU
edited April 17 in Using Onshape
I'm working on a 3D printable case for a circuit board & switch. I've got the bottom part of the case figured out, now I'm trying to make a lid for it. I'm thinking a flat piece that matches the size of the box, then extrude down into the box 1-2mm for a press-tight fit. I'm open to other ideas. I want something simple. I don't anticipate having to open the box very often after initial setup, so the lid does not need to be complicated, a simple press fit will be fine I think.

I've been working on it but not getting anywhere. The inside & outside of the box has complicated curves (sketch fillets) and I'm having trouble drawing a box such that it will end up with a matching fit. Can someone help me out a little? I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Here is my document:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/206e9c2ea893eb969d1461f5/w/8dd1943f9b8d66de9d5347f4/e/6696d492fd9c4651265bf8b8?renderMode=0&uiState=661f4125a7f31b2dc9af77ba