Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to link part marking with part revision property.

AustinPackardAustinPackard Member Posts: 7 PRO
I currently use the part revision property in my export rules to automatically include the part revision in the name of my exported files. I would like to be able to use the part revision property to drive part markings in a part studio. The part markings are debossed on the parts directly. Currently, I make a variable with the revision text and input that variable as an expression in the text field of the part marking sketch feature. Every revision update, I need to make sure to update the revision in both the part properties and this variable. Is it possible to make the part property drive the variable or vice versa? Or is there a way to use part properties as expressions in the text box dialog directly?