Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

API | PartStudio | Mass Properties

Martyn_GierlickiMartyn_Gierlicki Member, csevp Posts: 3 PRO
Hi all -

I am using the Glassworks API Explorer to pull the mass properties from a part studio (https://cad.onshape.com/glassworks/explorer/#/PartStudio/getPartStudioMassProperties).

I am pulling the data into Excel Power Query via the generated Request URL from the glasswork API tool. 

Now - my part studio contains muliple configurations which contain various quantities of parts. I know I can hard call a specific configuration into the URL to GET the details of that specific part studio configuration but is it possible to generate a single request URL for all of the configuartions within a part studio. 

I have in the region of 80 configurations so dont particularly want to have to create 80 URL's and 80 power queries. 

Thanks in advance. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Caden_Armstrong_Caden_Armstrong_ Member Posts: 27 PRO
    A single request cannot represent all of the configurations, you will have to run your request against each and every configuration.

You can use the endpoint:
    /elements/.../configuration

to get a list all of the parameters of a configuration, and then use the allowed values to generate a list of all of the configurations.
    For inputs like length, these are obviously infinitely variable, so you will need to determine a method of iterating across that value, or leaving it as a default.
    www.smartbenchsoftware.com
    Custom FeatureScript and Onshape Integrated Applications
  • Options
    devil_forddevil_ford Member Posts: 2
    The mass properties of a solid object are its mass, centre of gravity, centroid, volume, moments of inertia, products of inertia and radii of gyration. Since the mass refers to a solid object, you can only find the mass properties of a solid model.