Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Smoothing Edges of Vector File I Imported

destinee_onedestinee_one Member Posts: 2
I created a shape within illustrator and converted it to a .dxf file then imported it into onshape in order to extrude and make it into a 3d object to be printed. However, when I imported it, the curves within the shapes did not import smoothly. I am guessing that I have to increase the curve points. Can anyone help me resolve this issue in order to smooth it out?

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,387 PRO
    Make sure you are exporting the Bézier curves, not a bunch of polylines. There are some tutorials online for other CAD programs which show how to use Adobe Illustrator's "Path/Add Anchor points" to get polyline with a lot of points. Do not do that.

If you want to share the Illustrator file or even some screen shots of what it looks like in Illustrator vs what it looks like in Onshape, that would help us help you.