Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Multiple extrudes on same sketch

Hi folks, I have a sketch plane and one rectangle and two text areas.

The first rectangle I have created an extrude to remove from the previous extrude, creating an empty area

Now I need to create an extrude outwards for one text and inwards for another text.

I'm not able to do so. When I create on the extrude and select the text, it does not allow selection of solid, only surface, I get an error when I try to use solid.

What I'm trying to do is a fake youtube plaque for my kid, so basically it is a rectangle (the plaque) with a beveled inward rectangle with the play button and then some text one inwards and other outwards.

Any hints on how can I do this?

Thank you

Answers

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    It may be because the elements of the sketch you want to extrude are not completely enclosed. Please post a link to your document for examination. - Scotty