Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mate connectors context

Chris_113Chris_113 Member Posts: 2
When I make a mate connector in a part studio context, how do I use it in an assembly? I created a sketch with a center point of a feature, and used that point to define a mate connector.
When I return to the assembly context, I can't find any reference to this connector. It's not visible and does not show up when using the mate dialog. I also can't find a way to use the mate connector in a part studio, so they must only be valuable in the assembly context, but how?

This is the design in question. I want to mate the black plate with the rest of the imported geometry.

Answers

• Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 676 PRO
    I'm not following your question about the MC's exactly...

For your specific design question, from the asm, right click on the chassis part, and select edit in context. The system will then switch you to the part studio of the chassis, but with the asm visible as well. Start a sketch on the surface of the chassis, and draw 4 points. Coincident constraint those 4 points with the 4 holes. Then make a new hole feature using those 4 points.