Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is there any way to show sheet metal parts a "bend at at time"

dave_franchinodave_franchino Member Posts: 38
Hey kind folks - Not even sure how to describe this but I have a sheet metal part that involved a pretty fair number of flanges.  I'd like to design a series of progressive dies to help me form this part in multiple steps.  Is there any way to take a completed flat pattern and show what state the part would be in a bend-at-a-time? 

I can't simply roll the model back because lots of the features are missing until the part is completed.  At that point I'd like to be able to "supress" or resume individual bends in the order I would like to form the part over multiple operations. Any way to do this in Onshape?