Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

text output that can include variables?

david_lang457david_lang457 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
I want to have a public document that can be accessed by the link without a login that allows people to set parameters and shows the results

I can do this with configuration variables and sharing permissions to affect the sketches and resulting parts.

What I have not found a good way to do is to show the results of calculations. Ideally I would like to have a text box that I could populate with a formula (including newlines) that the user can cut-n-paste from. This could be in the parts studio, or in a different tab, as long as I can access the variables calculated in the parts studio

right now I'm fudging this with the fs text box featurescript and careful editing of the text to induce linewraps at reasonably acceptable point.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d4183810047fcbaf5c04602b/w/22f9feba4e50d5686ec2150f/e/642f2f1d737f78d1dab371a6
This is for a CNC router that positions itself via a belt to each corner, you enter measurements and get coordinates of whee the corners actually are, and it shows how much error you get if you have extra bent length the system doesn't know about

Comments