Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to create a drawing sheet from a dwt file?

bruce_fischer469bruce_fischer469 Member Posts: 16
edited May 1 in Drawings
Hi there,

I tried to create an Onsahpe drawing sheet from an AutoCAD dwt file according to the following description: https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/templates-custom.htm
However, after I importet the dwt file and used it as a template for a new drawing it only shows me a line (see screenshots attached).
First, I thought that the default orientation in AutoCAD might be different from Onshape. Therefore, I changed the orientation of the user coordinate system in AutoCAD and repeated the process but the result was the same. Can anybody tell me how to solve this or give some hints about how to create a drawing sheet form a dwt file?

Best regards