Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

copy from one document to another

don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
Is it possible to copy from one onshape document into another? 
I have an onshape document named Delta 12-1/2 planer cabinet. In this document I modeled the planner, though it is not an assembly just a part studio. I want to copy the features into a new onshape document. 
Can I do this, and how?
If I can't, then I'll just have to remodel it.

Comments

• Options
    don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    Okay, I think I just figured out how to do this. I used the "move to document" command. 
  • Options
    rick_randallrick_randall Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
    edited May 3
    If you want a copy of a part studio (keeping the original) - then I think you need to look at "duplicate" - right click the part's name tab (down at the bottom of the graphics area), then select duplicate. This will create a new part (the whole part studio) with the same name only followed by (copy 1). You can rename later. And I believe all x-refs to the original are broken (correct me if I'm wrong).
      good luck