Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Noob has a question about importing parametric model

brad_abrabrad_abra Member Posts: 2
Hi I'm new at this.  Basically, I'm trying to design a button box, and I'm going to be mounting my switches to perfboard.  So I thought it would be useful to have a parametric model of perfboard to add to my designs so I will know where to put my mounting posts.  What's the best way to do this?  Actually, come to think of it, how would I make sure that each piece of perfboard could be independently scaled?  I hope I explained this right.

Answers

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Hello Brad. If you search Public documents, you will find an abundance of perfboard models available. You say scale. Do you intend to size the perfboard models or actually scale them?  - Scotty
  • Options
    rick_randallrick_randall Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
    Brad if you are new to Onshape, welcome - I can guarantee that Onshape can do all you asked about. Sadly you can't learn cad in 15 mins. like some of the you-tube guys want you to believe, but I encourage you to stay with it. Take the self-paced learning courses that Onshape provides in the help section. It might scare you how fast you can pick it up - keep at it and good luck