Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Looking for fixed width font for use in model using Text

don_feltondon_felton Member Posts: 6
Courier Prime seems to be fixed width but I had to start at the top and try each one.
Maybe there are others but I gave up once I had found one.
Can someone point me at where the font properties are documented?
This would also help when looking for fonts capable of Bold and Italic as well as Fixed Width.
I was expecting some sort of table in the doc's.
Search did not seem to help but maybe that is just me.

Answers

• Options
    jnewthjnewth Member, OS Professional Posts: 10 PRO
    Hi don_felton

It's not quite what you asked for but the custom feature Text path https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/23648/new-feature-text-path#latest
    does more or less what you want. Individual characters are all spaced at intervals along the provided path, so they will act like a monospaced font (the Nth character in a string will always be centered at the Nth position, regardless of what the string actually is and regardless of the font used. 

In this example image, there are 3 separate Text path features, each writing a string of characters to the line. Because the lines are the same length, the computed locations are the same IF THE NUMBER OF CHARACTERS IS THE SAME, so it lays out each "text group" like a monospaced font (regardless of what the font is). For example, Ive written the letters of the alphabet in three groups. The first two have 10 characters, so all the positions line up. The third group has only 6 characters, so it evenly spaces those along the line.

Maybe it will help, maybe not.

Related: If you need to rapidly look at different fonts and see how they render, the example included in the fontpicker document may be of use:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/23475/new-featurescript-predicate-fontpicker

• Options
    don_feltondon_felton Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Jnewth. I will add those to my tool kit  :)