Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I create a new Plane, that is REALLY oriented to the Mate Connector?

suwoernysuwoerny Member Posts: 5
I tried lots of combination - and if I'm lucky i just get one which is tanget to it, but not oriented the right way (rotated around the Z axis, so that X and Y match) ... basically I just want to "sketch" onto the Loft's End (selected Face), but it is not aligned. Can you please tell me how to do this, because it really drives me nuts  :open_mouth:

Thank you very, very much in advance!

Answers

• Options
    Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 218 EDU
    edited May 6
    You can use the mate connector as the sketch plane. It's that little circular type icon just the to right of where it says what plane you have selected in the sketch dialog box.

As long as it's on the face you can sketch what ever you want.  The 'use' command could pull through your existing geometry. 

If it's more complex then telling us your end goal might help people suggest solutions.
  • Options
    Just to clearify it a bit more: I just want to have the roation of the Sketch in the same way it is like the mate connector. If I'd sketch on the selected surface, it needs to be rotated and aligned with the same Axis like the Mate is showing here. In all cases where I do create a Plane on it, the Lines of the selected Face are "angled" - which I do not want. I want a Plane that is in the same way rotated like the Mate - tangent to the selected, yellow face. Can you help?
  • Options
    Just to answer my own question, a bit different like I ask. Just select the Mate-Connector and sketch on it... done. ???!

Maybe, this helps someone else.