Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Circular pattern in assemblys

milan_rombauermilan_rombauer Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hello,
I'm trying to get a circular pattern in an assembly but I can't find a way to sketch an axis in the assembly and I don't have a suitable part corner to use.

Is there a way to do a sketch in an assembly?

Comments

• Options
    David_YL_NguyenDavid_YL_Nguyen Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 98
    Can you use the replicate feature?
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/replicate.htm
  • Options
    GregBrownGregBrown Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 110
    Create (or use an existing) mate connector - it provides the axis 
  • Options
    martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 286 PRO
    It depends. If you already have a reference geometry in your assembly, such as a cylinder or a part that has been created by a rotate feature, you could use that. Just click on the rotate face to use its axis. And as already mentioned by others, a mate connector will always work. In some cases, it might even make sense to create a reference sketch in context. That is especially helpful when you need to arrange several parts in the middle of nowhere, as you can then control and drive part or pattern axis placement by dimensions and variables.