Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Choosing a laser cutting machine for the first time

carl_louiscarl_louis Member Posts: 7
Hello everyone, my name is Carl. I plan to start a sheet metal processing business. Do you have any recommendations for laser cutting machines? The bodor brand from China seems to be good, with reliable quality and high sales. Has anyone used it?

Comments

• Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22
    You might get some good recommendations on the www.practicalmachinist.com web site.  That's an active forum for professional machinists.

• Options
    You might get some good recommendations on the www.practicalmachinist.com web site.  That's an active forum for professional machinists.

thank you very much,and I also have visited this forum.It's very good,and I want to know what is the key to stable operation of the machine? Our company plans to use bodor mainly because of its 24/7 service and 5-year warranty.
  • Options
    I pay more attention to whether the machine can run stably. Bodor promises 24/7 service and has a 5-year warranty. Is it easy to fulfill these promises? Our company is about to purchase it.
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭
    @carl_louis
    I have no experience with Bodor or fiber lasers, but I would look for references from other Bodor users.  Have you searched and/or posted the web site I referred to above.  It looks like at least one or two Bodor owners have posted there and you should be able to contact them for their opinions on Bodor.