Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Loft Assigning crazy vertices

I am trying to make an adapter from odd shape to a circle for intake.  It is working sort of.  The loft tool is doing weird things with vertices assignment and when I try to force them it won't make the loft at all 
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a6e93af4fd864488a53738d9/w/b53d4986f3dc48e2b72b4a19

If you remove the vertices on Loft 1 you can see what it is doing. Rollback to after extrude 6 show and part 1 to get idea of the whole part.    Dimensions are not quite final but close.  I'm just trying to figure out how to make it work while I get final dimensions on the circle.

Any ideas?  Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    @peter_leblanc
    Hi, tried best I could do was splitting sketch and creating a few lofts.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/67155166efac4b6aa5ed71be/w/c01dc1f5a6004726800d2fc5/e/5a2d51045fc344ba8e40528f

had to curve the back of bottom sketch. Tried using vertices and guides without success first. Welcome to copy use and alter this to try to achieve your required results. I couldnt do intersecting lofts so challenge to better designers to not curve the back of bottom sketch and intersect the two lofts, if it is possible I would like to see how it is done. :)

• Options
    peter_leblancpeter_leblanc Member Posts: 2
    Ah ha force it by doing multiple lofts.  Clever!   It is weird how it doesn't want to draw the vertices straight up.  I tried messing around with where the breaks were on the circle without much luck either.   I drew the breaks with lines that were drawn directly above the points on the lower part, but it still wants to draw vertices that go across the piece for some reason.    Thanks!  Multiple lofts is still alot easier than doing the whole thing with tapered extrusions.