Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Who Wants to be Hired (June 2024)

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,785 PRO
Anyone who has followed HackerNews for a while will be familiar with their periodic threads on "who is hiring" and "who wants to be hired". I thought it might be useful to do that here for Onshape focused roles and people.

So... 

Share your information if you are looking for work. Please use this format:

• Willing to relocate:
  • Technologies:
  • Résumé/CV:
  • Email:

Please only post if you are personally looking for work. Agencies, recruiters, job boards, and so on, are off topic here.

Readers: please only email these addresses to discuss work opportunities.

Tagged:

Comments

• Cary_BettenhausenCary_Bettenhausen Member Posts: 42 PRO
    edited June 11
    • Remote: Yes
    • Willing to relocate: No
    • Technologies: Medical, general design
    • Résumé/CV: Upon request
    • Email: cbhausen@gmail.com
    Please note I'm looking for supplemental income, not changing jobs entirely.

Thanks @S1mon!
  • baumarbaumar OS Professional Posts: 77 PRO
    • Remote: Preferably
    • Willing to relocate: For milestone meetings only
    • Technologies: Construction, software development, quality assurance
    • Résumé/CV: on demand
    • Email: baum@reconstructablehouse
    • Activities: Introducing Onshape, teaching, contribution to projects, freelance
    Part time or full time jobs
  • WilliamMartinWilliamMartin Member Posts: 1 EDU
    edited July 2
    • Willing to relocate: Not at the moment
    • Technologies: Product design / general design
    • Résumé/CV: On demand
    • Email: wcg.martin@gmail.com

Hello !  I'm an Industrial Design student, I like modeling and rendering. I'm French, I study and live in Argentina. I'm available for part time or full time jobs. 
  • rickus_scholtzrickus_scholtz Member Posts: 2
    •Remote: yes
    •willing to relocate: no
    •Technologies: draftsman/mechanical design/general design 
    •Resume: on request 
    •email: scholtzrickus19@gmail.com

• martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 453 PRO
    Brunswick, Germany
    Remote: Yes
    Willing to relocate: Depends
    Technologies: Industial design, product design, transportation prototyping
    Resume: On request
    Email: post@martinkopplow.de
  • milind_nikosemilind_nikose Member Posts: 2

Willing to relocate: Yes
    Technologies: Product Design, Prototyping, Kinetic Sculpture Design, VR Visualization
    Resume: On request
    Email: mil.nikose@gmail.com

• SousaSousa Member Posts: 2

Willing to relocate: No, unable to
    Technologies: Software Engineering: JS/TS, React, Angular (10y); Hobby Product design: FreeCAD (5Y), OpenSCAD(2y), Onshape(<1y)
    Résumé/CV: On request
    Email: ricardomfmsousa@gmail.com

• Michael_CoffeeMichael_Coffee Member Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    edited September 20

Remote: Yes, unless by some miracle you're within an hour of driving
    Willing to relocate: Depends, I'm willing to talk about it
    Technologies: Onshape, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor, Word, Excel
    Résumé/CV: Upon request (I do not want to post my phone number on a public forum)
    Email: michael.phillip.coffee@gmail.com

Hello, name's Michael. I am a Mechanical Designer working on getting his Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering (over 2 years in) and I've worked with Onshape since 2019. Some of my specialties deals with complex configured models and sheet metal modeling.

At where I work currently, I'm the Technical Lead and am responsible for new projects from start to finish. I'm responsible for putting order requests for parts to our purchasing department and I wrote the majority of the technical manuals for our equipment.

• mauricio_mezamauricio_meza Member Posts: 2
    • Willing to relocate: Yes, under certain conditions.
    • Technologies: Solidworks (4 CSWP 7 years exp.), AutoCAD, CNC, 3D Printing, Software Developer (JavaScript, TypeScript, React, Next.js, Java, Python, C++)
    • Résumé/CV: lets connect on Linkedin so I can send you my Resume.
    • Email

Background:

Hi,

I hold a Bachelor's degree in Electronics with a specialization in Mechatronics. I have 7 years of experience in the manufacturing industry as a CAD/Mechanical Designer, primarily using SolidWorks. I've worked for a variety of companies, from TE Connectivity to Radiall, as well as smaller firms.

Recently, I transitioned into software development, gaining experience as a backend developer using Java. I also earned a certification in JavaScript-based applications for full-stack development.

This year, I discovered Onshape and became fascinated by the platform. In my opinion, it has the potential to surpass SolidWorks as a professional CAD software.

Since Onshape is a cloud-based CAD application, I was wondering if someone with my profile could be of any use, and if you're currently looking to fill any engineering positions.

I'm open to relocation under certain conditions and am also interested in collaboration opportunities.