Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Best source for Examples?

dave_cowdendave_cowden Member, Developers Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
Hi, everyone: again my apologies in advance if this is a dumb question.

I've been reading the documentation, and there are an awful lot of TODO's still in there. It is not complete enough for me to really understand FS well enough.

The best strategy, then, is probably to read lots of examples. Where can i find the best collection of working examples? I read a couple that were pinned to this group-- but where are some others? 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    dave_cowdendave_cowden Member, Developers Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Just to help other newbies who come after me, one way to get examples is to create a part in part studio, and then view the auto-generated code. 

Its not really great code, because most of the variable names are auto-generated, but you can get some insights about functions available. As an example, though FSDoc does not ( currently ) document the map values allowed for the extrude function, if you just create a simple cylinder via extrusion in part studio, you can see all of the options created there.