Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Anyone else notice implicit MCs can now be generated from context faces (in some cases)?

eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,811 PRO
The weird thing is that you can't seem to do it when "initially" picking an implicit MC but if you "edit" the MC you can pick a context face...

I've been wanting to do this forever and it's great but I'm not sure why it's only available when editing (forces an un-necessary extra step)...

Here's what I mean:

Comments

• martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 460 PRO
    Maybe a key shortcut would help here, or some kind of pre-selecting the context face. I like the functionality as such. Good find!
  • Rhett_RobinsonRhett_Robinson Member Posts: 120 PRO
    This would be fantastic for them to fully implement! Seems like it is some kind of bug or not fully baked.
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,811 PRO
    Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it in case it wasn't intentional functionality and they "fix" it!